• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email, is this as good as it gets?

hokiesean24

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
Is there something out there to make the email experience better? I have it set to check my 2 accounts every 5 minutes, the shortest interval available, and yet I am seeming to not get the emails on the phone for a good 30 minutes after they hit my computer, if I even get them.

I am coming from a Blackberry where they pushed through immediately, is there any way to make this one do the same?

Thanks!

I also just noticed. I have a Gmail App and my normal email feature. My Gmail emails are showing up in both places. It seems they are coming to the Gmail App before showing up in the normal mail client program... I would prefer to use the Email program with both my accounts together.

How are you guys/gals set up?

Upvote 0
I have noticed that from every thread I've read about people's email not updating, they have it set to 5 minutes. Have you tried another time interval instead? (No idea if it's related, I've been meaning to test this.)

Personally, I use the gmail app for my main account, and the Email app for my school (it uses Google imap and updates every 30 minutes) and work (Exchange, with push) accounts. Although I do have the gmail account in Email too, it's just set to never update; I'm just really paranoid about backups.

Upvote 0
Some people claim they're 5 minutes updates started coming thru after the recent update whereas before they weren't. I don't know mine is set hourly. I have 3 accounts in the stock email app.My updates comes thru hourly as scheduled. I even put my gmail in here because I didnt want it syncing [to save battery] and my gmail is almost never used so I frankly don't need it on a full time sync

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones