• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email issue between the phone and Outlook

RBStubbs

Lurker
Jun 18, 2014
Prior to the latest software update (now on version 6.0.1), I had my email accounts (set up through POP3 using the standard phone application) to NOT keep messages on the server. When I received an email and read it, if I deleted it, when I later opened Outlook 2010, it would not download to my PC which was correct. If I did not delete that email, when I opened Outlook, it would then download to my PC which was also correct and if I refreshed my phone email, that email disappeared which is what I wanted. Now after the update, emails that I do not delete on my phone still download to my PC BUT they also stay on my phone. Within the Incoming Server settings on the email setup, there is an option to "Delete email from server" and the options are "Never" or "When deleted from inbox". I don't want the "Never" option and so choose the other option which does not work as previous versions. I talked to AT&T support for 20 minutes who connected me to Samsung support and after another hour and 40 minutes, their answer was that this feature may have been excluded from the latest update and no fix in sight.

Are others who used the same method of managing emails experiencing the same problem? If not, how did you resolve this issue. IMAP is not an option as I don't want to maintain ALL emails on both my phone and Outlook.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones