1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Email issues - k9, gmail - need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdmckay, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jdmckay

jdmckay Newbie

Hello,
    I currently have gmail set up to send & receive my work POP account along with the actual gmail messages. Meaning, it replies to the message via the account it was sent. And the messages are actually going through my pop server, not on "behalf of gmail".

So, I got the new phone, Evo Shift 4G and I'm learning it and just realized that when I've been replying to my work emails on my phone, it is replying via my gmail account. This part is kind of a bummer. I'd like to keep customers from knowing my personal account.

As far as I can tell in the gmail app for android, there is no way to set it to reply from that pop/imap account like I can do when I sit down at my pc. If there is a way, please divulge that information, it'd save me a headache or three.

Last night I downloaded and set up the K9 app. Its pretty cool and I definitely dig it. I set up the two accounts on there, gmail and my work account. The issues I'm finding are as follows.

1: Sent messages via my POP/work account don't show up in the pc version of gmail.
    2: Received messages to my pop/work also show up in my gmail account, because of how I have it set up online.

I'm thinking someone has already had this problem and the solution is somewhere and I can't find it.

If I'm asking for this to do too much, then it is what it is.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement