1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Email issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mahgnillig, Nov 27, 2009.

1. mahgnillig

mahgnillig Active Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I set up my (new) Gmail account and my Yahoo account on my phone. Instead of only downloading new messages it downloaded everything I had saved on the account dating back for several years! Also, when I delete mail from the phone it also deletes it from the server. I looked through all the menus and couldn't find a way to a) only download new messages and b) keep deleted mail on the server. This is using the default email app that came on the phone. Is this just a sucky email program? And if so, is there something I can replace it with that will give me the features I want? I really don't want to take up my phone's memory with messages from 2002, and I kept them on the server so I would always have them... I don't want the phone deleting them :(

Advertisement

2. marstodd

marstodd Active Member

Nov 4, 2009
    How many yahoo messages did it download to the phone? How do you know the messages are downloaded to the phone? I guess they are just the message headers? Did it just download all the message subjects and from? It sounds crazy to me too I would have hundreds or thousands.