1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Email name problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heshanj, Jul 19, 2011.

1. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

i just updated to 2.3.4 (KG2) and had the email force close problem so i had to clear data on the email app and start from scratch. i use my hotmail and yahoo accounts on this app (hotmail via active sync and yahoo via imap) i added both. the yahoo account has an option to set my Name, so that my outgoing emails have this name (by default it was my username) but the active sync hotmail one does not have this option to edit my name. previously, it got my correct full name from hotmail, but now it sends any email as just my user name i.e. if i send a mail, the receiver sees a mail from "heshanj" not my full name :) i tried deleting, recreating, clearing app data again.. no go. any help? thanks!

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

sorry for the multiple edits here. i didnt figure out wat went wrong. but i added a new activesync exchange account via accounts & sync (not the email app) n entered the same settings, n now its got my name right. im not sure if adding it via accounts & sync made the difference, probably not. anyway, its working now. mailed myself many times, n the name is right :D