• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email no longer works

lakersfreak

Jul 13, 2011
out of nowhere my email app had a crash message. After restarting the app I stopped receiving emails. So I decided to delete all my email accounts and start all over by re-installing them. Now when I go to add an account I get a message that says this email account already exists (even though it was deleted and is nowhere in the email app) and won't let me add it.

what do i do?

So I reset my phone to factory settings in order for me to be able to add my hotmail. But now I'm encountering a new problem....i never delete email so I have like 3000 emails. O selected all on the phone for days of emails and now its backtracking all 3000 emails. Any way to have all emails from today and forward stayon phone?

Also noticing a download lag everytime i open the email app. For example if I got an email at 8 am and I opened it at 8 am, and i got ajother email at 11 am. When I open to look at the 11 am email the 8 am is not there for a few seconds then appears. seems like its downloading it twice nd that will kill my data plan. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
So I reset my phone to factory settings in order for me to be able to add my hotmail. But now I'm encountering a new problem....i never delete email so I have like 3000 emails. O selected all on the phone for days of emails and now its backtracking all 3000 emails. Any way to have all emails from today and forward stayon phone?

Also noticing a download lag everytime i open the email app. For example if I got an email at 8 am and I opened it at 8 am, and i got ajother email at 11 am. When I open to look at the 11 am email the 8 am is not there for a few seconds then appears. seems like its downloading it twice nd that will kill my data plan. Any ideas?
3000 emails :eek:
Open a gmail account and have your Hotmail forwarded to your gmail.Im not sure whats causing this since i don't use Hotmail.But my guess its something to do with Hotmail.
I would make it a priority to delete my inbox once a week at least for less lagging issues and lock ups from trying to delete so many at once.

Upvote 0
3000 emails :eek:
Open a gmail account and have your Hotmail forwarded to your gmail.Im not sure whats causing this since i don't use Hotmail.But my guess its something to do with Hotmail.
I would make it a priority to delete my inbox once a week at least for less lagging issues and lock ups from trying to delete so many at once.

If I forward hotmail to gmail buy reply to a hotmail email through hmail will it use my hotmail account?

Upvote 0
If I forward hotmail to gmail buy reply to a hotmail email through hmail will it use my hotmail account?
I haven't tried it but Gmail does have the options.Here are the settings under Gmail.
I removed my address from the screen it isnt blank for send mail as etc.
captureihh.jpg

Upvote 0
I haven't tried it but Gmail does have the options.Here are the settings under Gmail.
I removed my address from the screen it isnt blank for send mail as etc.
captureihh.jpg

Thanks for that! I did forward my hotmail to gmail and using the gmail app for my hotmail and gmail emails...however 2 annoying things about gmail, a)there's no way to "select all" and mark all read/delete, and b) when I reply to an email I received in hotmail my email address shows up as "@gmail by means of @hotmail", even though I have the "reply with default email" clicked on.

Can anyone help me with those two?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that! I did forward my hotmail to gmail and using the gmail app for my hotmail and gmail emails...however 2 annoying things about gmail, a)there's no way to "select all" and mark all read/delete, and b) when I reply to an email I received in hotmail my email address shows up as "@gmail by means of @hotmail", even though I have the "reply with default email" clicked on.

Can anyone help me with those two?

Try using the default mail app.It does have the option to select all etc.Click on one email then hit menu,this will bring up your options.As far as it replying with your Gmail address.Try going to Gmail settings again,go back to "send mail as" and click on edit info.Then try adding your hotmail here>Maybe?
Specify a different "reply-to" address (optional)

Upvote 0
Try using the default mail app.It does have the option to select all etc.Click on one email then hit menu,this will bring up your options.As far as it replying with your Gmail address.Try going to Gmail settings again,go back to "send mail as" and click on edit info.Then try adding your hotmail here>Maybe?
Specify a different "reply-to" address (optional)

I know the default app has the option to select all but the default app was giving me problems with my hotmail account (read above). I will try the send mail as option.

Upvote 0
I know the default app has the option to select all but the default app was giving me problems with my hotmail account (read above). I will try the send mail as option.
Oh yes that's right sorry.Most of your problems with the htc mail was prob due to so many emails,Maybe if you empty your mail weekly it may not give you problems.May be worth a try if you want the mark all option :thinking:

Upvote 0
Ok i deleted my 3000 emails and moved hotmail and gmail over to the HTC mail app again and it seems to work ok except for the fact that it won't automatically download/fetch my emails. I have to open the app for it to "refresh" and get my email even though I have refresh set to every 15 minutes during peak hours

Upvote 0
Ok i deleted my 3000 emails and moved hotmail and gmail over to the HTC mail app again and it seems to work ok except for the fact that it won't automatically download/fetch my emails. I have to open the app for it to "refresh" and get my email even though I have refresh set to every 15 minutes during peak hours
Not sure why it won't.When i used the default mail it always worked fine.Hopefully someone else can tell us.I will do some searching online to see if i can find anything.Im using the Gmail app at the moment and love it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones