• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email not accessible after Android 5.1 update

Tom72

Lurker
Sep 6, 2015
Hi
Since updating my Hudl 2 to android 5.1 yesterday I'm no longer to access the standard inbuilt email app and gmail app.both say unfortunately e-mail has stopped with just an OK. I have tried clearing the cache and disabling and restarting the service with no joy. Also cleared all information which allowed me to re enter credentials but then came back with the same error. Google news stand also says it has stopped after a reoot. Any advice other than s factory reset?

Regards Tom

Hi Since updating my Hudl 2 to android 5.1 yesterday I'm no longer to access the standard inbuilt email app and gmail app.both say unfortunately e-mail has stopped with just an OK. I have tried clearing the cache and disabling and restarting the service with no joy. Also cleared all information which allowed me to re enter credentials but then came back with the same error. Google news stand also says it has stopped after a reoot. Any advice other than s factory reset? Regards Tom

Upvote 0
Hi
Since updating my Hudl 2 to android 5.1 yesterday I'm no longer to access the standard inbuilt email app and gmail app.both say unfortunately e-mail has stopped with just an OK. I have tried clearing the cache and disabling and restarting the service with no joy. Also cleared all information which allowed me to re enter credentials but then came back with the same error. Google news stand also says it has stopped after a reoot. Any advice other than s factory reset?

Regards Tom

I have also had this problem since upgrading on 1st September. I've sent countless reports via the system messaging. My Google Calendar is affected too but not always. I've sent details to Tesco Technical Support but had no reply as yet. I'm thinking my reports have disappeared into a black hole. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Cheers, Steve

Since posting these comments and whilst speaking with Tesco Technical Support immediately afterwards I discovered my Gmail is now working, so too is Calendar and hopefully Newsstand. TTS say it is likely that Android issued an automatic patch as I didn't download anything knowingly. Problem fixed for me, hope it is the same for others.

Cheers, Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones