• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email not syncing on S8?

FASTEDDY438

Lurker
Sep 29, 2015
I had a Note 4 and just got a new S8. My email is not syncing with this new phone. With my old phone it synced perfectly, better even than my home laptop. I have 3 devices I use with this email 2 Windows 10 laptops and my phone. My old Note 4 was faster than either laptop, but now it isn't syncing at all, and does not show my files that send emails to. I just got it yesterday and it set up the email effortlessly but isn't syncing. The emails I delete on a laptop are still on the phone? I did go thru settings and Email sync is turned on?

I had a Note 4 and just got a new S8. My email is not syncing with this new phone. With my old phone it synced perfectly, better even than my home laptop. I have 3 devices I use with this email 2 Windows 10 laptops and my phone. My old Note 4 was faster than either laptop, but now it isn't syncing at all, and does not show my files that send emails to. I just got it yesterday and it set up the email effortlessly but isn't syncing. The emails I delete on a laptop are still on the phone? I did go thru settings and Email sync is turned on?
I would delete the account and set it up fresh. Something may have become corrupt. Do you set it up as a pop3 or IMAP account?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones