• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email not updating...

solidkevin

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
I use Gmail and on my Previous X10 and Milestone every time I would get an Email, it would update automatically, on this one I can to go into gmail, refresh and then my mail will show up, whats going on? In my Gmail setting I have Email notifications to on as well as Vibrate.

Go into your email, select Settings from menu and then you have to select Incoming server settings->Delete email from server and change settings to phone and server.

That should do it:)

I am having the same issue... I am trying your method HOWEVER:.... I go into the native email app (as the "gmail app"does not display the incoming settings)
Go into "incoming server settings" and this is were I get confused..... I see my gmail email address under "username" is that what I am support tobe deleting????? And also I do not see a setting that says phone and or server!!!!

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue... I am trying your method HOWEVER:.... I go into the native email app (as the "gmail app"does not display the incoming settings)
Go into "incoming server settings" and this is were I get confused..... I see my gmail email address under "username" is that what I am support tobe deleting????? And also I do not see a setting that says phone and or server!!!!

no no no! Under Incoming server settings and there is a drop down menu saying "Delete email from server" at the bottom of the list of options and when you select this it gives you the option of "When I delete from Inbox" or "never" (which is probably what you can see now! You want "When I delete from Inbox" so that when you delete an email on your phone it will also get deleted from the server.

Hopefully that's clearer :)

Upvote 0
no no no! Under Incoming server settings and there is a drop down menu saying "Delete email from server" at the bottom of the list of options and when you select this it gives you the option of "When I delete from Inbox" or "never" (which is probably what you can see now! You want "When I delete from Inbox" so that when you delete an email on your phone it will also get deleted from the server.

Hopefully that's clearer :)

wow... im feelin like a UBER NOOB here.. cuz i am not seeing ANY of this i see the incoming settings under the server settings headings drop box i click the grey drop down arrow then i see:

username
password
IMAP server
port
security type-(set to)ssl(always)
imap path prefix

and thats what i see..sorry im feelin an idiot

Upvote 0
wow... im feelin like a UBER NOOB here.. cuz i am not seeing ANY of this i see the incoming settings under the server settings headings drop box i click the grey drop down arrow then i see:

username
password
IMAP server
port
security type-(set to)ssl(always)
imap path prefix

and thats what i see..sorry im feelin an idiot

Well I don't have the "imap path prefix " option! I have the option I described about but this may be because you are using gmail and I am using hotmail? I am afraid I dont know anymore....

Upvote 0
Are you using an application killer that is killing your email?!

YES I AM USING a combination of app killers, process managers, start up auditors, juice defenders, widgets, gidgets and gadgets... all to save a MB of memory or a % of battery usage ... sooo.. I'm sure that within that little cocktail of apps something is not mixing and causing this to happen so throughout the course of the day I am going to try Process of elimnation and figure this out... and report. Back....

P. S I am now officially starting t he we want FROYO campaign.... every post I post on any xperia or android Forum will have "WE WANT FROYO" worked in....... :)

Upvote 0
Well as I said..... I would report back... and after un installing app killers task managers and start up auditors I still have the same results it seems that the email just updates randomly whenever it wants to with a batch of other missed emails..... hope the new update fixes this issue..... I'm sure if we got FROYO it would....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones