1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email notification sound.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gilmour, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Gilmour

Gilmour Newbie

When i go to settings/sound/notification ringtone and set desired notification sound for example "Good News" it applies to sms because i set to default inside sms application. But when you go to Gmail app and select default notification and sets it to default notification.So basically whenever you change notification sound from the main settings menu of the phone it should change notification sound to all applications where you have set the notification sound to default. Right? But why when you change notification sound from the settings of the phone it does apply to sms but gmail notifications sound stays old. Then you have to go inside gmail app and select default notifications.

damn it so in other words can the same notification sound apply to all apps

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Showme

Showme Newbie

I think the default sound is only for that particular app. I purposely set mine up so the messaging and email apps have different default sounds for incoming texts and emails. By sound alone, I can tell if I need to immediately respond or whether it can wait.

I like it being able to set everything different.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews