1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email notifications bypassisng "do not disturb."

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jonnie Thunder, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jonnie Thunder

New to the forum here, thanks for having me.

Just picked up a V20 on Saturday upgraded from a G4, and loving it for the most part.

Major problem I'm having is every time I get an email, I get my normal notification "bing" sound, then about 15 seconds later my default system notification sound starts going off. I say "starts" because it keeps happening about every 15 seconds until I clear the notification from the phone.

The SUPER annoying part is that it is even bypassing my do not disturb settings I have set up. All calls, texts, and other notifications are silent. Even the initial "bing" is silent but then comes my system notifications. I didn't get much sleep last night since I was relying on my phone alarm to wake me up this morning.

The only difference now vs my G4 is that I upgraded to Nova Laucher Prime. Not sure if Nova has a hidden setting somewhere for notifications that I'm not seeing??? I was running Nova Launcher free on my G4 for about a year with no issues.

I have tried changing every notification setting I can think of to no avail, it's not happening with any other notifications either, only email.

If anybody has any clue what I can do to shut my phone up I'd appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks in advance! -J

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

I am NOT an expert so will throw out a few ideas/questions.

Is it the stock email app? In either case, have you checked app-specific settings and notifications?

Under the general phone settings/notifications/apps, what does it say under your email app? I bet it says "Do Not Disturb Overridden"?

3. Jonnie Thunder

Thanks for the reply Hate.
    I just got home from work where I was able to figure out the problem thanks to some help. Somehow under Settings>Accessibility>Persistent Notifications, this was turned on. No idea how that happened but all is well now.
    Problem solved!
    Thanks again!

IHateMyTreo likes this.

LG V20 Forum

The LG V20 release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews