1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email Notifications Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mojo027, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Mojo027

Mojo027 Lurker

Hello everyone,

I upgraded from a brick-phone (Sony Ericsson w810) to a Samsung Galaxy Ace (Telus network in Canada, using Android 2.3.4 "Gingerbread") about a month ago, and so far love the phone and Android. So I am pretty new to smartphones. However I have one problem which has popped up recently.

I only have 1 email account setup on my phone, it is a university based IMAP account. And I am using the stock Android email app to push emails from the IMAP incoming server to my phone (so I see the emails on my computer's Mail client as well as on my phone, etc). I have the app preferences set for: 10 minute refresh, and notifications setup such that an icon appears in the status bar of the phone and a sound plays whenever I get a new email.

Initially, the notifications seemed to be working 100% fine.

However, in the past week or so, without changing any settings the email notifications have gone a bit loopy. For example:

-Sometimes I will hear the email notification sound, but there is no new email in the inbox
    -Sometimes there is a new email in the inbox when I manually check it, but I did not hear the notification sound, or see any icon in the status bar

This seems to occur whether I am on wifi or on the 3G/HSPA data network.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I tried taking the battery out and re-seating it, changing some settings slightly, etc. Nothing seems to help.

Any help is greatly appreciated! ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mojo027

Mojo027 Lurker

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews