1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email notifications not appearing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EveR-1, May 29, 2011.

1. EveR-1

EveR-1 Newbie

Hi

I've been using the stock email app, and it's been working fine for the first week I've had the SG2.

However, the instant delivery of email and a notification in the top bar, seems to have stopped.

If I send a test email, it now doesn't appear as a notification on the home screen. I only get to see it, if I open the email app.

I'd like to be notified of emails as and when they're sent without having to open the app to check.

Anyone help? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EveR-1

EveR-1 Newbie

I just sent a test message to the gmail account I set up for the phone (but am not planning on using) - and a notification came through for gmail, but NOT the pop3 account I have set up in the 'Email' app.

How do I switch notifications back on? I have it selected in the application settings, so what else do I need to do?

I don't recall turning this off, so am baffled as to why it suddenly stopped.

3. ekaitza26

ekaitza26 Lurker

When you set up the account in Samsung's Email default client follow the below steps, then you will receive the notifications instantly

1. type in your gmail address
    2.Password
    3.click " manual setup"
    4.click " Microsoft exchange account"
    5. domain\username : type "\ your full gmail address"
    6. type your password
    7. exchange server type " m.google.com" ("m.hotmail.com" for hotmail acc)
    8. select "use secure connection (SSL)"
    9. then "next"

This should able to create gmail account with push function

hope the above can help,

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews