1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email notifications not sounding in morning

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Yosepi, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Yosepi

Yosepi Lurker

Hello. Odd question: I have a Moto X4 running Android 9. I've set it up to make a notification sound any time I receive an email (gmail) so it will wake me up in the morning if one arrives. However, for a good while now it hasn't been making the notification sound when I'm still asleep in the morning. It isn't until I wake up and press the power button that I finally get the notification sound a few seconds later, and it's often for an email that arrived an hour ago or more. Also, it's very unlikely that it's making an additional sound beforehand that isn't waking me up because I'm an extremely light sleeper. How do I disable this feature so it makes the sound regardless of the time of day?

Thank you very much for any suggestions.

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

3. Yosepi

Yosepi Lurker

Thank you very much for the response. It's for Gmail. Your link on Adaptive Battery was interesting, but *probably* not the issue since Gmail is already in the ACTIVE bucket, even when I have no window for it open. To further confuse matters, Battery Saver and Battery optimization are both turned off :/

I think I'm going to try disabling Adaptive Battery for now just to see if that's what's causing the issue. If that doesn't work, I have some other ideas such as filtering messages by certain contacts as important, or maybe even just keeping Gmail open throughout the night to ensure it stays in the ACTIVE bucket.
    Thank you again.

Gmail

Gmail Forum

com.google.android.gm

Gmail is an easy to use email app that saves you time and keeps your messages safe. Get your messages instantly via push notifications, read and respond online & offline, and find any message quickly. With the Gmail app you get: • An organized inbox - Social and promotional messages are sorted into categories so you can read messages from friends and family first. • Less spam - Gmail blocks spam before it hits your inbox to keep your account safe and clutter free. • 15GB of free storage - You won’t need to delete messages to save space. • Multiple account support - Use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) right from the app.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs