• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Notifications Waking Me Up at Night!

IamMark

Feb 11, 2011
So there is definitely something I don't understand about the "Battery Modes". I thought, based on the "Nighttime saver" description, that my phone wouldn't sync between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM (assuming I'm not using it). Doesn't this mean that I shouldn't receive emails/alerts during this time on the phone? My phone keeps syncing and alerting me of emails during this time, and it kept waking me up until I started putting the phone in Silent mode before going to bed.

What am I misunderstanding about this?

Thanks, but I'd still like to know if I'm misunderstanding the battery modes or if they are not working correctly. As RHS said, it happens when the phone is not plugged in.

I don't think you're misunderstanding it. During those hours the device should not sync and therefore should not alert you.
The only thing I can think of is if it doesn't apply if you're connected to wifi which I am all the time when I'm at home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones