1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email popup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dylane, Dec 22, 2012.

1. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member

On just about every computer I've used, mobile or otherwise, there is a popup that happens when you get an email that usually shows you who it is from and maybe the subject line or a little bit of the body of the email. On my Note 2, all I'm getting is a notification sound, but I either need to go into the app or the notification center to see the email.

I'm looking for something that will popup a short notification with this info both when I'm using the phone, and also something that will light up the screen for a couple of seconds when it is locked, so that I don't have to touch my phone just to see who emailed me. Are there settings for this that I'm overlooking, or do I need a 3rd party app?

I'm currently using Touchdown and the stock client for my email, but would be open to using another client with Exchange support if it has this feature.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lcneed

lcneed Android Enthusiast

As far as I know there is no easy one step solution to do that yet. You will a combination of app that let you shows widget on lockscreen and widget that shows you new email.

3. NJRonbo

NJRonbo Android Enthusiast

NotifierPro or NotifierPro Plus may be your answer, but be aware, it's buggy as all hell. It doesn't work with the stock email client, but it might very well work with Touchdown.

dylane likes this.
  4. dylane

dylane Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. This seems like it is what I want, but I'll have to see if it works with Touchdown. I'd sent this question to them, and got a response last night that Touchdown doesn't work with 3rd party apps because of security issues...but the context of the response gave me the idea they might have misunderstood my question. Might as well give it a try. Sucks that there isn't a way to clear the system notifications from within the app (apparently a limitation with Android)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews