• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email program that works with Exchange Activesync

I've had no problems either but at the same time, I am all about alternatives. I hate how I need to use "Mail" for Exchange emails and "Gmail" for Gmail. One thing I preferred on the Pre was how it combined different mail accounts (and SMS/Google Talk as well). This isn't a dealbreaker but any apps that let me combine the two would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I've had no problems either but at the same time, I am all about alternatives. I hate how I need to use "Mail" for Exchange emails and "Gmail" for Gmail. One thing I preferred on the Pre was how it combined different mail accounts (and SMS/Google Talk as well). This isn't a dealbreaker but any apps that let me combine the two would be appreciated.

You can setup Gmail accounts in the Mail app.

Upvote 0
There was some progress on this rebooting topic on another thread. Most Exchange servers force the phone to set the keylock when you set up the exchange account. The issue is if you set your lock password to contain ONLY numbers, then power off and on, your phone goes into the Sprint 4G welcome screen death spiral. If you set your lock password to have numbers AND letters, this doesn't happen so you can happily use Exchange Activesync to connect to your work email as it was supposed to be in Android........ unless like me, you get past the welcome screen death spiral and then your exchange calendar won't sync and you have to install touchdown anyway :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones