1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Email Push Issues post-update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mimicgogo, Jun 6, 2016.

1. mimicgogo

mimicgogo Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone,

Like a lot of folks, I just got the Marshmallow update pushed to my phone. Afterwards, it seemed like it wored for a bit, but now I am not getting push notifications or auto-syncing for my Email (using the default program). I've done some searching online, but none of the solutions worked for me. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    I would recommend that you first boot into recovery and clear the system cache. Then you might want to blow away the old email account and set it up again. Was this an IMAP or POP3 account?

3. Pattie

Pattie Member
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    I had the same issue, after a factory reset. I wiped the cache and set up the email again. It turns out that while I have Power Saver on, I get no push notifications. Before the update I had it on all the time. As of today, my battery is at 63% at 6pm without using battery saver, and I am getting all my mail notifications.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.