1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email push stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TripleFall, Jan 3, 2012.

1. TripleFall

TripleFall Newbie
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    All of a sudden my email is not being synced / pushed to my GS2 on ATT. I think this started happening right around 1/1/2012.

I have 1 Gmail account, 1 Yahoo account and 2 @domain accounts (like myname@domain.com). I have not adjusted my push schedule or peak times at all. I've had the phone for 2-3 months now and it's always worked perfect.

I've tried sending test emails to all my accounts and nothing gets pushed. I have like 15 emails in my yahoo account right now that I haven't opened, but they don't show up on my phone.

GMAIL seems to be pushing ok. But my other 3 accounts are not at all.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. TripleFall

TripleFall Newbie
    None

Oct 17, 2011
    This seems to be a problem with the native email app and Yahoo

I downloaded K-9 and it connect to my Yahoo account just fine. It was pushing / updating perfectly.

I then deleted the Yahoo account from my native email app, and tried to create it again. After I put in my email email/password it just takes me to the inbox screen and says "Loading messages...." and "refreshing..." at the bottom. It is constantly running, like it can't connect.

Anyone else having trouble with native email app and Yahoo?

3. yelovelo

yelovelo Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2012
    I am having the same problem. had my phone since before TG 2011 and it has been working fine. Have not changed any settings at all and it just stopped working Friday.
    There is a "fix" out there about changing your settings in Yahoo! Mail to "Asia!", but they must have removed that option. I tried it this morning and there is not an option to switch like the thread suggests. This is really frustrating.