• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email question

mine stay on

how long is it set up to sync emails for??

go to email>account settings>period to sync email - by default mine was set to 1day and so they disappeared after 24hr, now have it set to 1 month so they hang around.

is this what you mean or do they disappear straight away?

Thanks for the help but I do not have the "Period to sync email" on my account settings - I have "email check frequency" but that is something different.

I will look under wireless and networks but so far no "period: - that much be why it dissappears.

Upvote 0
ooh, too technical for me. something to do with servers and how the emails get to your phone.

i set up a gmail account when i got my s2, but found issues with emails disappearing and not syncing well when accessed on pc etc
activesync exchange email seems to keep instantly uptodate no matter where you access it, and seems to be much better for me.

Upvote 0
Gmail is not the issue as it syncs OK - the gmail contacts don't seem to sync to the phone.

It is my POP 3 mail that keeps disappearing.

This must be a Samsung thing as I had the "period to sync emails" on my htc Desire.

There has to be a way????:thinking:

This is controlled by a setting on your e-mail client. For example, in Outlook under the Advanced account settings there is an option to "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and you can specify a period of time. If this is not checked the mail will be deleted from the server when it's downloaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones