1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

email question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fowlstack, Dec 17, 2012.

1. fowlstack

fowlstack Newbie

My email is working wonderfully, using 3 accounts. However on my old Thunderbolt, when I deleted an email, it was deleted from the server as well. Now with the Razr Maxx I delete 28 emails during the day, from my main email, but when I get home and turn on my computer all 28 emails are still present.
    Am I missing a setting somewhere?
    Any help appreciated.......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Adara

Adara Android Enthusiast

I realize this is not at all the answer that you want (but since nobody is giving you an answer, I figured I'd give it a shot) ...

I can't directly answer that because I'm not using the e-mail app anymore. I switched to K-9 Mail (because of a rather annoying thing that the e-mail app did when I took the phone abroad) and haven't looked back. Should you go to K-9 mail, there is, in fact, a setting for "When I delete a message delete from server" (or not delete from server, or just mark as read on server). It's in Settings under Fetching Mail.

So, I mean, if you can't make this work in the regular email app, and it's really annoying you, consider making the leap to K-9 Mail (totally free app), which will definitely let you control this.

3. fowlstack

fowlstack Newbie

Thanks for responding. I did today discover that Outlook has such an option in their settings (even though it takes numerous steps to find it).
    I finally contacted my web-based email's customer service and was walked through the process.. :)
    All fixed now. Very surprised that no one lurking knew that...

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews