• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email questions

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
I am using the email app that came on my Captivate and have some questions.

1. Is there a setting that will keep the app from downloading emails that have already been downloaded and deleted?

2. Downloading emails seems to take a long time even though I am on either 3g or 8mb wifi. Is this normal for the 2.1 os?

3. Deleting multiple emails takes a long time. My son's Sprint Android phone deletes emails instantly. I believe his phone also has 2.1 os.

4. Is there a way to select "all messages" in the Inbox Trash, or Sent folders instead of having to select them one at a time?

Do any of you use another email app that you feel is superior to the standard program? I know some users like the k9 program; however, other people say it is s-l-o-w.

Thanks
retnuh

Several Questions about IMAP email setup. For my smtp server setting I am using cwmx.com port 25. When I use godaddy's smtp setting, the email will not send any email.
Why is this happening?
The cwmx.com only works when I am on 3G. If I have WIFI turned on, the email ends up in the draft folder instead of being sent. Why is this also happening?

Thank you for your answers.

Upvote 0
Ruben: best to start your own thread for your different questions and not hijack someone else's thread.

retnuh: I found the stock email app to be insufficient right away and immediately installed K-9. It does everything I want it to do and more. At first I found some missing features/annoyances but an update a few weeks later addressed all of them.

I use an IMAP email provider, though. Users of POP (which was never meant for shared access) may have less-than-ideal experiences using K-9 or any other email client. POP sucks.

As far as your questions, as they apply to K-9:

1) Not an issue with IMAP. For a POP3 setup there should be a setting to remove from server when downloading. How many clients do you have checking this account?

2) Sounds like an issue with your email provider.

3) same as #2

4) Menu -> Select all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones