1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Email questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by retnuh, Sep 1, 2010.

1. retnuh

retnuh Newbie
    None

Aug 19, 2010
    I am using the email app that came on my Captivate and have some questions.

1. Is there a setting that will keep the app from downloading emails that have already been downloaded and deleted?

2. Downloading emails seems to take a long time even though I am on either 3g or 8mb wifi. Is this normal for the 2.1 os?

3. Deleting multiple emails takes a long time. My son's Sprint Android phone deletes emails instantly. I believe his phone also has 2.1 os.

4. Is there a way to select "all messages" in the Inbox Trash, or Sent folders instead of having to select them one at a time?

Do any of you use another email app that you feel is superior to the standard program? I know some users like the k9 program; however, other people say it is s-l-o-w.

Thanks
    retnuh

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    I've moved your thread to the captivate forum, where you should get some better answers :)

3. Ruben Cisneros

None

Aug 10, 2010
    Several Questions about IMAP email setup. For my smtp server setting I am using cwmx.com port 25. When I use godaddy's smtp setting, the email will not send any email.
    Why is this happening?
    The cwmx.com only works when I am on 3G. If I have WIFI turned on, the email ends up in the draft folder instead of being sent. Why is this also happening?

Thank you for your answers.

4. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Ruben: best to start your own thread for your different questions and not hijack someone else's thread.

retnuh: I found the stock email app to be insufficient right away and immediately installed K-9. It does everything I want it to do and more. At first I found some missing features/annoyances but an update a few weeks later addressed all of them.

I use an IMAP email provider, though. Users of POP (which was never meant for shared access) may have less-than-ideal experiences using K-9 or any other email client. POP sucks.

As far as your questions, as they apply to K-9:

1) Not an issue with IMAP. For a POP3 setup there should be a setting to remove from server when downloading. How many clients do you have checking this account?

2) Sounds like an issue with your email provider.

3) same as #2

4) Menu -> Select all