1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Email response cursor movement in body of email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigNick69, Sep 26, 2011.

1. BigNick69

BigNick69 Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Ok, I will try not to confuse anyone. I received an email from someone that asked me to respond to 10 questions. She said not to respond at the top of the email, but to actually put my cursor next to each question in the body of the email so she wouldn't have to scroll up and down to figure out what the question was to the answers written up top. Obviously on a laptop/home computer workstation you can just put your mouse cursor anywhere you want once you hit "reply." But, on my Droid Bionic there is no way to do this. Yes, I know you can copy and paste and do it that way, but is there an app that would make this simpler?

Thanks!

-Nick

Advertisement

2. devlop

devlop Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I'm not sure which email app you are using, but in gmail, you can just tap on the button that says respond online. That allows you to add text within the received email.

3. BigNick69

BigNick69 Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Tried on Gmail as well, it didn't work.

4. devlop

devlop Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Hmm, I guess I'm confused as to what you want to do. When I press respond inline, it brings up the received email and I am able to place the cursor anywhere within that email and type. I.E. Placing the cursor next to a question and type in an answer. Is there something I'm missing?

5. thetingster

thetingster Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 27, 2009
    Top Secret
    Utah, USA
    You'd have to copy the whole email into a new one and go from there if you can. This is a gmail app issue.