• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Send/Receive issues - Not Happening

TF1984

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
Southeast US
Hey~

Question about Stock Mail (not gmail) app.

First - I am rooted running Fresh 1.1 Rom.

I have noticed that my mail client does not send/receive mail on it's set schedule. Sometimes it will check if the phone is awake, but otherwise it could sit in my pocket sleeping for three hours and never once send/receive.

I have it set to every 15 minutes.

Anyone want to offer a possible solution? anyone experiencing this issue?

Hey~

Question about Stock Mail (not gmail) app.

First - I am rooted running Fresh 1.1 Rom.

I have noticed that my mail client does not send/receive mail on it's set schedule. Sometimes it will check if the phone is awake, but otherwise it could sit in my pocket sleeping for three hours and never once send/receive.

I have it set to every 15 minutes.

Anyone want to offer a possible solution? anyone experiencing this issue?
My phone isn;t rooted and it happens to me every once in awhile. I just hit refresh in the Mail app when this happens, then it gets back on schedule.

I am hopeful that the next update will fix some of the issues in the stock mail program (I have heard it will be completely revamped). I also use Spare Parts, and even though I have got my 3 email accounts to update once an hour, next to Android itself, the Mail program is responsible for a good deal of the partial wake time.

Upvote 0
Well I can hit refresh and yet it still randomly decides when it does or does not want to check mail

Updates to Fresh? I mean there is a new Fresh rom released, v 1.1 but it's not really an update, more like a new rom.

Is that what you are referring to?

No, I was referrign to the Refresh button in the email program. Also, a soft reset seems to work as well. This is probably some quirk in the Mail program, which will hopefully be remedied in Android 2.1.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones