1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Heathwood99, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Heathwood99

Heathwood99 Newbie

Hi there,

I have configured my phone Email to my home Email (Outlook 2007) on my desktop PC.

It is working OK, showing my emails in a combined inbox, but I would like to mute the sound I receive whenever a mail comes in.

I can't seem to see the command in the account settings. Can anyone advise me on how this maybe achieved?

:(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marcus33

marcus33 Member

Try this:

In the email app account settings long press then release the email address/account concerned.
    Half way down you'll see a section labelled Notification Settings.
    Uncheck Notify in status bar when email arrives and you'll find that it greys out all the other settings.
    Now you should find that you don't get a sound every time an email arrives.

If you still want a notification in the status bar but no sound then don't uncheck the 'Notify....' box but change the notification sound to a second or so of silence recorded on the voice recorder and saved in your Sounds folder.

Heathwood99 likes this.
  3. Heathwood99

Heathwood99 Newbie

Many thanks for this Marcus.

Had to navigate a bit to find the account settings but I got there in the end.

4. marcus33

marcus33 Member

Glad I could help; I've had so much assistance from others on this forum so it's nice to have the opportunity to do the same for someone else.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews