• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email setup help

The Shadow

Lurker
Nov 30, 2009
Hi all, as the title says... i have a uk sim free hero on o2, i need to setup pop account for my tiscali email, of which i have done incoming settings and they ok, the problem is after doing the outgoing settings, it comes back saying incorrect username/password! I have had previous htc's (windows driven) and set up email no problem at all.
I hope somebody has the answer please as i need to receive emails from this account.

I don't know if this will help or not. I had similar problem, but my phone is using hinet account. I have no problem with incoming mail, but outgoing server can never work. However, what I did was very simple. I just unclick the Need Log In box in SMTP setting screen. It works ok for me, hope it will be fine to yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones