1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support email setup issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fabricci, Apr 15, 2010.

1. fabricci

fabricci Member

Apr 15, 2010
    hi,
    it seems that my desire does not want self signed email certificates.
    I tried setting up an IMAP email account specifying all the needed stuff ( username, pass, server, SSL, port: 993). When i click next the connection setting will be checked but i stay on the incoming server screen without any error message. I actually would expect the warning message that the certificate is not secure...
    If i do the same with another imap server that doesn't have a self signed cert, i can continue to the outgoing server setup page.

called the htc support already and using my server setting they can continue to the next setup page.

so i wander if there is a setting somewhere that prevents the email client accepting the self signed certificate.

i already cleaned the user data on the device and started from scratch but with the same result.

any ideas?
    TIA

Advertisement

2. rodhull

rodhull Member

Apr 13, 2010
    This isn't going to help you, but I have the EXACT same issue - it just goes back to the same screen without an error or letting you proceed to the outgoing bit. I suspect it's definitely down to self-signed certs. It works perfectly when I use port 143 with no security. This is unacceptable to me, however.

What I've done instead is create a Gmail account, and copied into it all my mail from the IMAP server that doesn't work, then set up an autoforward for all new mail. Works quite well, I now get proper push e-mail from the Gmail app, the benefit of the nice labelling/spam filtering that Gmail offers etc. but it would be nice to be able to interface with the IMAP server natively...

Anyone else have any ideas?

3. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    What email provider are you trying? Are you using auto, or manual setup options?

4. primaxx

primaxx Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    I, as well, can confirm that this is an issue. Will post if I find a solution.

Tags: