1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Email setup question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skiptio, Sep 16, 2010.

1. skiptio

skiptio New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    I have a gmail account. That works great on my HTC Incredible. I also have a work email me@workemail.com. I cannot change it but I want it to work the same on my phone as my gmail account. I am a MS Outlook user, 2007. I have set up a "place holder" gmail account, meworkemail@gmail.com and have all my me@workemail.com email forwarded to the gmail acct. Is there a way in Outlook when I send a work email to have it show up as being sent from me@workmail.com instead of meworkmail@gmail.com? I have made all the changes in gmail Accounts and Import tab and and made my work email the default. When I send from gmail or my phone it works great. When I send from Outlook it shows the gmail address. It need it to show my work address. Does this make any sense? On a 1-10 scale of tech savvy I give me a 4. Thanks for the help and please dumb it down for me if possible.

Advertisement

2. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Digital Design Strategy
    Mile High City
    I am on an exchange server via Outlook at work. I set up a rule in Outlook to 'redirect' all emails (except out of office msgs) to my gmail account. They come to my Incredible via my Gmail account, but I am able to respond as well. However, the response address says myemail@gmail.com ON BEHALF OF mywork@work.com. That's the best you can do it, as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps.