1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Email stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frisco, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I was receiving emails on three different accounts up until this morning.

I have been in the Application Manager stopping and clearing various services and apps I don't use. Obviously I have not done that to email, but are there any apps or services in there that affect email?

I'm wondering if I messed something up by going too far parring down the device of stuff I don't use, or if this has happened to somebody else with an Eris and it's a bug.

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Turn your phone off (not just sleep, off) then restart it. If you've accidentally killed something you shouldn't have the problem should go away.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

You're right, and I appreciate you taking the trouble to post.

Three accounts, one mistake. :eek:

All is well now.

4. ralaningalls

ralaningalls Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    I actually have the same issue and what I do to fix the problem is open the mail app and hit the refresh button from the menu. At that point the default e-mail address refreshes and gets any new mail and shortly thereafter, the other 6 accounts also kick in and start downloading mail. I'm sure that powering off the phone and restarting it would have the same effect, but this is quicker and truth betold, I shouldn't have to do either. What is with this bug? I don't mess with running apps or services. I just use my phone like it was meant to be used. I have a Droid Eris on VZW and am using the Mail App that come with the phone (which is believe is an app made by HTC). One thing I have noticed is when I switch to wifi, my 3G says it's still on, but there is no icon on the notification and status bar for it and when I switch Wi-Fi back off my 3G icon comes back. Not sure if e-mail stops working on WiFi or if it is the switch between the two that causes the issue or if it's something else completely. Could just be a bug in Android v1.5. Any ideas?