1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Email strangeness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leevis, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi
    I have just noticed something strange on my S2

If i get an email i get a ding ding message to say there is an email. I check the email and see that there is one there, delete it (not read it) and it dissappears.
    Then, about 10 seconds later i get a ding ding and check to see if there is another email and there isnt.
    Anyone else get this too?
    Lee

Advertisement

2. davehalo1

davehalo1 Newbie
    None

Jul 6, 2011
    Please can you post up here as well -

Samsung Galaxy S2 Email Issues | Facebook

I am on with Samsung over this issue and their Tech Support are telling me some right rubbish.

This morning they told me that if you want to keep a copy of your email, you have to download it to a computer, meaning that it was impossible for the phone to retain a copy once the email is collected off the server. If that is so then there is a big problem with the email client on the phone.

3. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    I cant post on there because i am not on Facebook unfortunately

Is a bit of a wierd on this because i am sure its a new thing that has only just started to happen like in the last week

One thing i have noticed though is that if you READ the email before deleting it, it does not appear to give you the ding ding again.

Not sure if this is the same for everyone, maybe they have changed servers or something