• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email sync issue s4

My email often doesnt sync for hours. I go to bed and it may not sync again until almost noon sometimes. All accounts... verizon and yahoo

Go to settings, accounts, email, settings (sync frequency, notification), select the account listed under Add accounts.
Look for Sync Schedule and change the frequency.
You might accidentally set Peak Schedule which changes the sync based on time and days.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Go to settings, accounts, email, settings (sync frequency, notification), select the account listed under Add accounts.
Look for Sync Schedule and change the frequency.
You might accidentally set Peak Schedule which changes the sync based on time and days.

Cheers

I have done this and I have never received my emails unless I manually sycn my emails. Also when I sync my emails it will bring in read or deleted emails on my one account.

Is there another setting to have my emails sync?

Upvote 0
I have done this and I have never received my emails unless I manually sycn my emails. Also when I sync my emails it will bring in read or deleted emails on my one account.

Is there another setting to have my emails sync?

Do you have the SYNC option turned on ?

In your notification center, two little circular arrows icon....

If you visit System Settings, Accounts, Google, is the Sync enabled or is it indicated as disabled?

Did you try to remove gmail app, clear the app data and re-install it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones