• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

babygie

Lurker
Oct 17, 2010
Hello,

I just got my Xperia X10 about a week ago and am loving it. At first I saw complains about the battery life, however it is lasting more than 20+ hours for me, so I am very pleased.

Anyways, here is where I need help. I've set up my email accounts on my phone, the common hotmail, yahoo, live emails. I receive and send emails just fine. However, the problem is, when I delete an email on my phone...it disappears on my phone...but when I look on the computer...it's not deleted, in fact it's not even marked as read (even when i read it on my phone)

is there a way to "synchronize" that? or is this something that i'll just have to live with?

I'm not even sure if synchronize is the word to describe the problem. it's just that, i love checking my email wherever i am, rather i am at home on the computer, or out on my phone. but what's the point of me checking my email on the phone, reading through then deleting the ones i don't want, only to have to do that again at home on the computer

and just fyi, "delete email from server when i delete from inbox" is already selected as an account setting for each email account on the phone

thanks in advanced

Hi.

If you've already set it as you mentioned you may have to live with it unless someone can shed a bit more light. I use gmail which works perfectly well in that regard.

yea gmail seems fine cuz X10 has default google programs for it...

but hotmail, yahoo, live, doesn't seems to be doing the same for me, doesn't delete on the email servers

Upvote 0
my bf found a fix for me, check the settings for the servers on your phone

Hotmail and MSN Accounts POP3/SMTP Access The Field Guide

or

Incoming POP3 Mail ServerSetting :
User Name : user@hotmail.com
Password : your email password
Incoming Mail Server : pop3.live.com
Mail Box Name : Hotmail POP3
Mail Box Type : POP3
Security (Port) : SSL always
Port : 995

Outgoing POP3 Mail ServerSetting :
Email Address : user@hotmail.com
User Name : user@hotmail.com
Password : your email password
Outgoing Mail Server : smtp.live.com
Security (Port) : TLS always
Port : 587

works fine for me now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones