• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email Syncing Issue

DorokDK

Lurker
Dec 25, 2012
New to the Forum and just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that may be having a problem with syncing email to their phone.

I just spent a day or two wondering why my aol account stopped syncing to my phone. I kept getting a 503 service unavailable error but my gmail account was perfectly fine. I couldnt delete my aol account because it was the default account. I ended up creating a dummy account but used the manual setup option. Once i got to the incoming and outgoing server settings, I deleted the dummy name and put in my real aol account name. As soon as I was finished, all my email synced perfectly fine to my phone. I set it as the default account...but I still cannot delete the original account because it still says 503 service unavailable.

All in all, I found a workaround but its not right. Any thoughts as to why I had to do this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones