• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email/Text Notification Sound

smpross

Jan 1, 2010
Is there a way to have a different notification sound for email (using the stock email program) from the sound for Text Messages. I want to be able to know when something comes to my phone whether it is a text or an email by the notification. I was able to do this on the Original Droid, but it looks like the Bionic uses the same sound for all notifications.

TIA

Scott

Is there a way to have a different notification sound for email (using the stock email program) from the sound for Text Messages. I want to be able to know when something comes to my phone whether it is a text or an email by the notification. I was able to do this on the Original Droid, but it looks like the Bionic uses the same sound for all notifications.

TIA

Scott

If you use gmail then yes! Open gmail then menu >>settings >>your user log in>>labels to notify>>inbox

I don't use the other email app so I don't know about that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones