1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

email to text

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rosemary826, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Rosemary826

Rosemary826 Lurker

Hi, I have an email in my Gmail account that I would like to foward to my text so I can send to people I do not have an email address for. Is this possible?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Hello and welcome to Android Forums!

I have two suggestions to help you out:
    1. Copy/paste the text from GMail into a new text message to yourself, which is probably the easiest.

2. Also you can take a look through this list for your carrier - then forward the email to [your number]@carrierextension as outlined in this wikipedia article. Basically all phone numbers have a email address registered with their carrier which will receive emails sent to it via SMS: List of SMS gateways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hello and welcome to the forums Rosemry - thanks for joining!

If you open your email and long press on the text you want to copy, 2 little tabs should come up on the text that you can move about (to either side of the text you want to copy) and highlight the text. at the bottom of the screen should be a copy icon (looks like 2 pages of paper)... press that and it would copy the text. Next, head to your messaging app, open a new text and head to the body of the text. A long press in here should then pop up a "paste" box... your text should now appear.

I hope this helps... if this doesn't work, let us know and we will suggest something else :)

EDIT - Grrr... you just beat me Stigy ;)