• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email trouble w/multiple accounts on server...

Psychokitty

Android Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2009
In the forum dog house.
Hiya, Folks.
I have a website and I have several email accounts on that website.
I can successfully set up any one of them, but not more than one. The notification I get during setup is that an email account with the same username & password already exists. Problem is, you have to use that username & password to gain access to any of the email accounts on my site.
I don't know if this is an issue with my web server, or what. (Jaguar)

On the individual accounts (on the control panel on the website) they each have their own username & password in addition to the main control panel username & password. But I don't need to use those to gain access to the account I put on my droid. They seem ...useless.
I'm configuring for POP3, but I really have ZERO idea what the differences are, or even what POP3 means, etc.

I thought I read in passing that someone had set there gmail account to funnel their email accounts so that they were getting all of their emails through their gmail. If this is true, it's an acceptable solution, so long as I can send email vial any one of those accounts. But again, I don't know how to do this, either.

The manual(s) are for sh!+ on this (...in general, too) and I can't find what I'm looking for on the forum. Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones