1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

email trouble

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by howeru, Aug 17, 2012.

1. howeru

howeru Lurker

I am having trouble with my email on the galaxy s3. I have had the phone for a couple of wks and have had the problem since day one. I have two accts, one hotmail and one gmail. I am having trouble sending and receiving on both accts but sending is more of a problem. When I send it says sent and it appears in the sent folder but it isnt being received by the receipient. I have tested it several times myself from one acct to the other and if it worrks it takes up to twenty mins to receive it. I took it in to Verizon and when the service person tried it it worked right away. He told me it could be connectivity issues at my home but thats not it because I have tried from different locations. I have tried removing and re-adding the accts several times with no luck.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

Does this happen only over wifi or through your data connection or both?

3. lunapride

lunapride Lurker

I had this exact same problem with my hotmail account. It would receive email just fine, but would not send. I called Verizon Customer Service and here's how we fixed it. I first removed the Hotmail account I had already set up - so I was ready to start fresh. You'll recall that on the screen to set up email accounts, there are icons to set up Corporate email, Yahoo, AOL, etc. Previously, I had chosen to set up Hotmail through the Windows Live icon (which is what you'd expect to do for Hotmail). This time, during set-up, instead of choosing the Windows Live icon, I selected the OTHER option and went through the manual set up that way. It is basically the same thing, but you aren't identifying the account as Windows Live account up-front with that icon. Not sure why, but it worked for me and I hope it works for you too!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews