• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email works with wifi

It can receive and send messages only when there is an internet connection. The reason it works once in a while could be that you are using a wi-fi connection. Even if your service is disabled, you can browse the internet and use email, but not make or receive calls and texts, as long as you have a wi-fi connection. Well, if u don't have Wi-Fi on ur phone, then I don't know what else could cause this issue

Upvote 0
weird o' rama. I won the Kyocera rise I am currently using and I tried it on wifi for a couple weeks before to decide if I wanted to go ahead and activate it as my main phone. Most things work over wifi but obviously you have to be in a hotspot or it doesn't work.

Couldn't send traditional texts or make traditional cell calls but there are even ways around that if you have wifi and right aps. Incredible little devices really when you think about it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones