1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Email - Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jonathandawson1988, Aug 29, 2016.

1. jonathandawson1988

None

Aug 29, 2016
    Anybody use yahoo email app?. What is the best email app

Advertisement

2. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2014
    Male
    ... gmail ...

PrincessLauren likes this.
  3. funpig

funpig Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    I use the Yahoo mail app. I find it better than the Gmail app, the stock email app and other third party email apps. I test others every now and then but i keep going back to Yahoo. It makes sense to use this app if you have a yahoo account. Emails get pushed to my yahoo app right away. Other email apps require setting a sync schedule to sync and pull emails, if any, from the yahoo servers.

I do have a preference for an earlier version 4.9.2 of Yahoo. The newest version is 5.8.x. The older version is rock solid and has the ability to change the font, bold, italics, underline and color etc. The newer versions cant do that. The recent versions also had some issues moving mail into folders. I always try to keep an apk backup of my favorite or important apps just in case the newest version is buggy. You can find the older version on some apk sites.

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

I tried it again recently, it wasn't sending notifications at all. I got none, not one. I just check the mobile site for mail, just don't like app (never thought it was really good) and if it's not going to notify me then why bother having it. I tried adding Yahoo to Gmail but it only syncs once or twice a day, again, what's the point?

There are a few mail apps that get good reviews from users here, Aquamail is popular. Give that a shot and see if you like it. I've not tried it so can't comment. Maybe I'll give that a whirl someday.

5. mattt181

mattt181 Member
    None

Feb 28, 2015
    Male
    My Yahoo Mail app has not worked at all for the last 5 days. It has not auto-sent notifications of new email in 2 to 3 years. If I go into the app and hit refresh, it was working...up until recently. Now it is not displaying current messages. It will keep the message count correct, but will not display new messages as the count goes up. Anyone else having Yahoo Mail app problems recently?

On another note, I'd like to find another email app to have a 2nd email address on. Every free email app I've tried from the Google Play store is fairly large for just the app in comparison to the pre-loaded email apps on my android phone. As an example, Gmail app is only .98mb, whereas the most recent email app I downloaded, AquaMail, is almost 9mb without any data loaded.

What email app is out there that is very small, size wise, but also functions well???

Thank you in advance.