1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Christina1974, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Christina1974

Christina1974 Lurker

How do I block spam from my email on my phone that is currently blocked on my pc but being pushed through?:(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Android Enthusiast

It sounds like you are using an application on your computer to access your e-mail, like Microsoft Outlook. Outlook will put that e-mail in a junk folder, but that does not affect the e-mail on your e-mail provider's server, where you are getting your e-mail on your computer and you phone from.

The best solution would be to set up filters on the server by logging into your webmail and using their spam blocking features. This way, both your phone and your computer will receive e-mails that have gone through spam filters. You may also be able to block e-mails that are from a specific addresses, so even if the e-mail is not spam, but is annoyingly persistent, you can choose to have them sent to the junk mail folder on the server too.

3. sremick

sremick Android Expert

mnemonicj has it spot-on. In your situation, you are limited to whatever spam-blocking your ISP has available. Different mail providers have different degrees of spam-prevention, and this is often a factor when choosing who to get your email through. It certainly was for me. If you don't want to change email addresses, there are some services that provide spam-filtering by means of forwarding, but they can be messy to set up.

Unfortunately with free email services, your options are limited. For many years now I've considered email to be something worth paying a little for in order to get a better product that's more-reliable, as email is important enough to me.

One advantage of having your own domain for email is it makes changing email providers, or routing through a forwarding service, very easy.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews