• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi

I have an email problem with my s3 if anyone can help please. I have no new emails in my inbox . Then I will look again and I have 37! It keeps syncing emails from weeks ago that have already been read .. .? Anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks

Who is your email provider and how do you have it set up? POP, IMAP, Exchange?

Certain email providers will only allow you to pull emails down by will not necessarily sync back up. Essentially, you can read the emails on your device but it is still staying unread in your email client.

Upvote 0
Setting hotmail up as an exchange account is asking for trouble. Many reports around the forum about using none exchange accounts with the exchange setup. Please keep in mind this might work for one user but not for another. You need to go to your hotmail account and setting and make sure you turn off the setting for leave mail on server. That is what you keep seeing over and over.
Samsung’s SAFE initiative will make the Galaxy S3 enterprise-friendly | Ubergizmo

Reactions: Kilvo
Upvote 0
I only use the hotmail exchange setup way (I hate the samsung email app and use enhanced email, the best but $10)

I have never had any problems with my hotmail set up this way, but I do have problems with hotmail set up as a pop account.

Now I use my hotmail email for personal and work, I send large files, and receive many in a day, the only problem I get and this is with all phones including the iphone, is in very weak signal areas, if I delete a message, sometimes it does not get deleted on the hotmail server and when I log in with a computer I just delete it, no big deal and only in very poor signal areas.

here is a setup guide for the exchange way
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/580565-hotmail-enhanced-email-setup-siii-icloud-charter-settings.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones