• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
thank you,
I had been using the dedicated Gmail button on the front page. The guys at the store showed me the email button inside apps.

Then....I found that Gmail uses this info to set up a post office publisher (POP) :

Standard configuration instructions:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server -
requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
Port: 995

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server -
requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465

Server timeouts Greater than 1 minute, we recommend 5
Full Name or Display Name: [your name]

Account Name or User Name:
your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)

Email Address:
your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
Password: your Gmail password

Unless you're using recent mode to download mail to multiple clients, make sure you've opted not to leave messages on the server. Your POP settings in Gmail settings are what determines whether or not messages stay on the server, so this setting in your client won't affect how Gmail handles your mail.

If your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won't be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address.

If you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port (465 or 587).

Upvote 0
Now I have an additional problem.

We started with Gmail in 2007. The emails now on my mobile are only 20 and all from 2007.

I need to configure to have the newer ones synchronized with the office Gmail. We use a lot of the label functions for passing emails around to each other.
Cheers,
and again, thank you so much for the quick reply.
Bryon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones