• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email'd ringtones won't download in GMAIL

Utheman

Lurker
Jun 15, 2010
I emailed myself a couple of ringtones (.mp3 format).
small files ~30 kb

When i go to gmail on my phone, the ringtones are there in the email as attachments. I can "Preview" and they play fine, but I get no "Download" option. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

TIA
Utheman

I've had the same problem with pics. No ability to dl. I thought I was missing something but rooted around here and discovered it's just the way that app is designed, which seems ridiculous to me. So ridiculous that I spent hours scouring these forums to figure out what I was missing. To make it worse, many attachments you can't even preview.

My suggestion: go to gmail via the browser and dl it that way.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem with pics. No ability to dl. I thought I was missing something but rooted around here and discovered it's just the way that app is designed, which seems ridiculous to me. So ridiculous that I spent hours scouring these forums to figure out what I was missing. To make it worse, many attachments you can't even preview.

My suggestion: go to gmail via the browser and dl it that way.

Thanks for the suggestion nhuston! I was able to do it through the regular browser, but what a p.i.a.

I agree, the app is missing some things.

Utheman

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones