1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"EmailDebugService" keeping phone awake 24/7

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tytlyf, Jul 17, 2013.

1. tytlyf

tytlyf Member

I recently did a factory reset on my S4 with verizon and didn't have an email issue before that. I use the Email app that comes with the phone and noticed that it's running 24/7.
    Is anyone familiar with this service running full time? I've got 2 screenshots showing it's usage and the phone never going into sleep, this was after 24 hours of usage. Can I just stop the debug service or is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks!

[​IMG].[​IMG]

2. gdiddy

gdiddy Android Enthusiast

3. tytlyf

tytlyf Member

I actually disabled the Email app and that got rid of it. I use Gmail and Yahoo and I noticed that after this recent update that you cannot use Gmail in that Email app anymore. It says to use the Gmail app. Although I did try adding it with the 'other' option and it seemed to be receiving emails etc, I think that was the contributing factor making the Email app stay awake. I'm not sure it's compatible with Gmail anymore.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews