• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Emails being auto deleted

Under the settings for that account select "general settings" and make sure the box "ask before deleting" is checked. It's funny you asked this question because I have repeatedly had to turn it back on. At first I thought I might have accidentally shut it off but there's no way I've done so at least 6 times. There's definitely some sort of glitch. It even happened to me again when I was composing this message!

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I just figured out why my preferences kept reverting to "don't show this again". In the HTC Mail app, when the dialogue box pops up asking if you want to delete, if you touch anywhere on the box it will insert the check and default to "don't show this again". I don't think it was this way on the M8 (i think you had to actually click where the check mark would be) but I could be mistaken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones