• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help emails keep disappearing

catadjuster

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
I've done a search but haven't found the answer I'm really looking for. My emails disappear once I go back and check for new emails. It doesn't matter if I've read them or not. I use outlook on my laptop to check my emails, and the standard Apple email client on my iPhone, which has no trouble keeping the emails stored.

My gmail account works great of course, but I'd like my @att.net emails to stay on my tablet as well. I've looked in the tablet setting but don't see anything that looks like it would change the issue.

thanks!

What email app are you using? Many have settings as to how many emails are stored (in terms of numbers or days). In addition many sync each time with your email server and will remove emails once they are no longer on that server. And Outlook has a habit of deleting them from the server once it has downloaded them (although you can change that setting) so that they then get deleted on your tablet.

I suggest you use more sophisticated email apps than are on your device. I use Kaiten and it has lots of settings, so for example you can set it sync deletions either on the server or the tablet or both or neither.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones