• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Emails not pushing through

Mkeyboy

Dec 22, 2013
Along with my other problem (rotation not working) I have now no email coming through unless I sync peak midnight to midnight every 15 mins. It wasnt synced before and email was pushed in. I do not want to sync the accounts I have as it drains battery and also downloads lots of mail that I do not want from months ago.Have cleared cache, data and force stop.Why is my email not working? I do not intend doing a factory reset with all the work involved in setting up phone again (after 3 times its a pain) . I have tried removing email and adding them again and still not working.There is no refresh option for email and there is no clear cache option for email either.is there any way to go back to what I had before? I.e constant geting pushed through when an email arrives? OR- how can I get my email to work? Not willing to do factory reset just to see if it rectifies the problem. Lots of work setting it all up again with the amount of stuff ive had to re get.

Thanks

There have been issues reported with outlook and the stock email program with some versions of Android, although I don't know if 4.1.2 is one of them. However, if this problem started only after you restored that version it seems likely that it is related.

My advice is to try a different email app from the Play store; at least that will allow you to eliminate one variable from the many possibilities :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones