1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support emails opening takes lot of time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shzbutt, May 6, 2012.

1. shzbutt

shzbutt Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    hi all
    I just switch from iphone to android. In my samsung note when i open email it doesnt responds quickly whareas i have to wait long time even an email without any attachment. Always it appears loading........ I m upset with this situation as i have 100s of emails unread on my note.
    Second, is there any option? When we start typing email address n if this adress i have already used it should show the address to avoid typing it again as simRilar... to outlook. Thanks

Advertisement

2. salla43

salla43 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Ive noticed it depends a lot on the client used. Try them out. K9 is very good, I use it all the time.

i have had your problem with the stock mail system before, can take upto 30 secs or so to display an email.

Also try Maildroid. its good.

Both k9 and maildroid are available in the play store and free, though maildroid has ads (not in the emails thank goodness)

3. shzbutt

shzbutt Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Salla43
    It was very helpful. Thank u so much.
    I noticed if i need to insert an email id from phone contacts, i cant. Have u tried that one?

4. salla43

None

Jan 2, 2012
    Good it sorted you out! :)

not sure i understand what u mean. If u mean when are writing an email? Usually i just start to type the email address or the name of the contact and the address appears (if its in my contacts). Ive never needed to do anything else.

Depends on the email client u r using also i suppose. With K9 i just checked, I have a little icon of a man's torso, appearing next to the email address bar which i can select in any case to access contacts and select a recipient.

Im still looking for the "perfect" email client. I have to process 100's of the damned things a day, so i am looking for optimising archiving and moving emails and following up always. Its never ideal!

5. shzbutt

shzbutt Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Hi
    I have another issue with maildroid. I received an email n i want to copy some text from email n paste. I could not find the option. Can anyone hep?

6. salla43

None

Jan 2, 2012
    Good luck with copy and pasting if you have gingerbread. Its a pile of poo.

I rooted my note and flashed ICS just for this reason. Its almost impossible to copy text - like u i deal with 100's of emails and need copy function regularly.

The way to do it is to select and hold a word then you get the awful options for copy. Sorry for this. and good luck...

7. shzbutt

shzbutt Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    Thank u sir....
    By the way which email cluent u use specially for business emails?
    I dont find android having any profesdional email client!