1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root emails taking hours or days to send

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gonefishin96, Jun 13, 2011.

1. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    currently running GSB 3.2 but had this problem with previous versions, why i reply to an email or send a new email ( using native gmail app) they take hours or days to go through and send...is this a rom problem or something with my phone? any fixes? thanks.

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    I had issues like this, but it was (I believe) caused because I had auto-sync turned off for Gmail, etc. since I didn't want my phone beeping at me for each Gmail message I got.

I had it like this on my Droid X until the last update, then I caved and turned auto-sync on and I've never had an issue (sending or recieving) since.

The only "fix" for my Eris (and my X) was to reboot and that seemed to cause any outstanding ("stuck") emails to finally come through (at least for a while).

Not exactly sure if this is the same for GSB...thought that I'd mention it in any case.

Cheers!

3. CondemnedSoul

CondemnedSoul Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 30, 2010
    NJ
    As Scary said.. double check your gmail account in accounts and settings and make sure GMail is checked to auto sync. If you don't want it set to auto then open GMail, hit menu then refresh and it will send anything that's waiting to go out and bring in anything in your inbox waiting to be read. GMail isn't automatically set to autosync in CM7 after the app is installed from the market.

4. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Newbie
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    thanks guys,i have always turned auto sync on though i receive emails fine as well its just sending .

5. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    There is always the nuclear option - settings->applications->manage applications. If there is a gmail storage, go there (I don't think there is in GSB). If not, go to Gmail. Tap it and click the "clear data" button. This should initiate a new sync with gmail and hopefully straighten that out. (Note that this will also change all Gmail app settings back to their defaults, so you may need to check them.)