1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Emails with photographs attached

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Archie Thomas, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Archie Thomas

Archie Thomas Lurker

Hi, I do hope someone can help me with a problem on my HTC One X Plus. Until very recently I have been able to send photographs attached to emails with no problems whatsoever. However a problem has now arisen. When I attach a photograph to an email and then send that email using my home WiFi network it works perfectly. However when I do the same thing but using my Vodafone mobile network my phone says the email has been sent but it then just vanishes and is not received. In case it is connected, it sometimes takes a very long time for a sent email to leave the phone's outbox.
    Any help would be most appreciated.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

What email app are you using? Sounds like the server has an issue sending and receiving data...
    Try out a different email app from the play store and check your results

mikedt likes this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

When you're phone is using its Vodafone cellular connection, is it typically a 4G/LTE one? If it's taking a long time or failing transmit a sizable attachment, it sounds like you might be getting a temporary 2G or 3G connection.

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Archie Thomas

Archie Thomas Lurker

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am using Outlook but will see if another mail app helps.

5. Archie Thomas

Archie Thomas Lurker

Thanks. I'll check out the connection to see if that is the problem.

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Approximately how big are these photos you're sending? It's something of a hassle but if you anticipate when you won't have access to WiFi and will be using mobile data it might help to scale the photos down a bit. Lower res photos will have correspondingly smaller file sizes.
    But that's more of a workaround than a solution to your problem. Does this slow transfer problem happen all the time or just in certain locations? If all the time that would indicate an issue with phone perhaps (try re-seating your SIM card) but if this is only in certain locations that could be due to just being on the outer coverage range of the nearest cell tower.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. Archie Thomas

Archie Thomas Lurker

Hi, Thanks for your thoughts. The problem occurs at different locations.so doesn't seem to be associated with distance from a mast but you may be right in that it could be phone related since it only started happening a few days ago and also all emails I send from my phone, using mobile data including one line emails, take forever to leave the phone outbox. When I change the connection from mobile data to my home Wifi the emails immediately go from the outbox although the email with the photo attached just vanishes. I've tried your suggestion of re-seating the SIM card but I'm afraid that doesn't make any difference either. I guess I'll just press on trying different things. Thanks again.

8. Archie Thomas

Archie Thomas Lurker

In case anyone is following this problem. It has now resolved itself after I deleted the APN on my HTC One and then reset it as a new APN.

HTC One X Plus Forum

The HTC One X Plus release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews